17th January 2013
Photo reblogged from Luthier Mark with 746 notes
MAP: In these 22 states, every House Republican voted against Sandy aid.
Fuck the GOP.
Source: Mother Jones
20th May 2012
Link reblogged from A Momentary Flow with 836 notes
You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy…
18th May 2012
Photo reblogged from Luthier Mark with 11 notes
4th December 2011
Photo reblogged from Dr. Jay Parkinson with 37 notes
All 370,000 road fatalities between 2001 and 2009 in the US.
My hope is that one day automobiles will be as safe as flying. This is one of the largest health issues in America that we seem to forget. Life expectancy is one of the most important health metrics we use. Life expectancy for a population is significantly reduced when young people are disproportionately killed. Car and motorcycle crashes disproportionately kill young people, just as HIV/AIDS disproportionately kills young people in South Africa:
In less than two decades, life expectancy in South Africa dropped almost 20 years because so many young people were dying!
Our current life expectancy in America is about 78 years. If we made the automobile as safe as the airplane (and saved those 370,000 young souls over the past 8 years), our life expectancy would grow by many years, which is much, much more significant than anything coming from doctors with their pills and scalpels.
18th September 2011
Post reblogged from STFU, Conservatives with 142 notes
I’m not saying that in some overtly mean way as if she were a cause of cancer. I mean that someone is going to listen to her lies about vaccines and they, or their children, will get cancer. It’s going to happen.
10th September 2011
Link reblogged from Audacia Ray with 131 notes
- I have read fiction when I was depressed, or to cheer myself up.
- I have gone on reading binges of an entire book or more in a day.
- I read rapidly, often ‘gulping’ chapters.
- I have sometimes read early in the morning or before work.
- I have hidden books in different places to sneak a chapter without being seen.
- Sometimes I avoid friends or family obligations in order to read novels.
- Sometimes I re-write film or television dialog as the characters speak.
- I am unable to enjoy myself with others unless there is a book nearby.
- At a party, I will often slip off unnoticed to read.
- Reading has made me seek haunts and companions which I would otherwise avoid.
- I have neglected personal hygiene or household chores until I have finished a novel.
- I have spent money meant for necessities on books instead.
- I have attempted to check out more library books than permitted.
- Most of my friends are heavy fiction readers.
- I have sometimes passed out from a night of heavy reading.
- I have suffered ‘blackouts’ or memory loss from a bout of reading.
- I have wept, become angry or irrational because of something I read.
- I have sometimes wished I did not read so much.
- Sometimes I think my reading is out of control.
Hi, I’m Dacia and I’m a bookaholic.
Starting to read my 56th book of the year this weekend. (China Mieville’s Perdido Street Station)
28th August 2011
Photo reblogged from STFU, Conservatives with 4,295 notes
Cartoonist draws a political strip criticizing the Syrian government.
Syrian government sends goons to snatch him out of his car, beat him and break his hands, set his beard on fire, put a bag over his head and dump his body in the street.
Cartoonist replies to said thugs with the above image.
rad dude alert
This is amazing, for two reasons. One, with this single drawing this guy became the most badass political cartoonist to ever live, and two, that is the most poignant middle finger ever given. The most important bird ever flipped.
28th August 2011
Quote reblogged from A Momentary Flow with 428 notes
Heisenberg and Schrodinger were in a car speeding down the highway when a cop pulls them over
He comes to the window and says, “do you have any idea how fast you were going?” Heisenberg replied, “no but I can tell you exactly where I was.”Hearing this strange reply the cop decides to conduct a search of the car. After opening the trunk of the car he immediately returns to the front window where he startlingly asks, “did you know there’s a dead cat in your trunk?!”Schrodinger then looks at him and says, “well thanks, now I do.
26th August 2011
Photo reblogged from Luthier Mark with 9,740 notes
Replace vodka with bourbon and yeah…that’s pretty accurate.
25th May 2011
Photo reblogged from I Love Charts with 4,210 notes